Windows Live

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Long Halloween

Yo yo yo, it's your boy... eh Me! Comin' straight at ya from under a blanket, cuz it is QUITE cold, y'herd?

You might have heard I'm the illest, well that would be correct, but not in that weird, hip hop-

Ok, forget that. That was really white.

Howdy, it's the fella who used to update this blog regularly, I've changed though... I am now the guy who sometimes updates when he isn't feeling sick!

I have a lot to talk about, but I have some really old stuff to mention first.  I got these in the mail, from the talented and... eh more talented, Aaron Alexovitch!


and



 How cool are they?  He shipped them out to me along with some prints I ordered from him too, along with a little sketch that said "Than Q". Even more amazing is that they are both all in pencil!  Next up is to actually get them tattooed..  More about tats in a bit.


So before Halloween even happened I ended up in Fibber's for... something... I dunno a night I think..  My memory of the night is hazy, mainly because it was almost 3 weeks ago now, and also a little because I managed to get drunk as fuck.  Not much happened, except for a fight that broke out between myself and Joey for no reason.. We were drunk, but at the time we were both pretty upset.  I dunno what was exactly wrong with her still, I'm not sure if she does either, she seems to think it had something to do with her friend not saying hey, but apparently he did and I think she was angry before that anyway.  I'm about as reliable as her on that though so don't take it as gospel. So however it was caused it happened, and I got angry at her for not talking and blah blah.  It's all ok now, which is what really matters.

The next night we headed to a party in Dublin somewhere.. I'm not actully sure where the hell we were.  It went ok and stuff, except for this one rude fella, who decided to be really really fucking snotty with me when I asked what he was dressed up as.  I get angry thinking about it now actually.

So I asked him what he was, apparently he was one of the twins from x-factor, which honestly, I'm the ort of person who hears "X-factor" and thinks, "oh the group Cable ran when he left the X-men!", so i really don't know why I was expected to know exactly who the fuck this loser was.  So he was asked, nice and polite, and he decided to scoff at me and said, quite loudly, "Well SOMEONE needs to update their sky package!".
 I told him I didn't watch T.V and left it a that, I'm not sure but I think Joey had a few words for him, but we defo talked about it once he left..  I dunno why he wanted me to update sky.. seeing as x factor is on TV3 as well, but I'm just assuming he's stupid as well as a fucking tool.

Oh and I threatened to tear a guys nose off with my teeth if he touched someone again..  I dunno were that came from really, I can get pretty angry sometimes at people, which is funny cos I have nothing to back up any of my threats with, I get my ass kicked.  But you never really think about that going into it, not if you're angry enough, which I really rarely am.  I'm not the sort to beat someone while they sleep or something..

Right other shit! Oh so I slept over in Joey's that night after a huuuuge burger and a look in Bizzare.  We went into town for some chow and tattoos.  Oh yeah I should talk about that more actually.  I got a tattoo on my back.  I don't have a picture of it that I dont hate but I shall show you the loverly designs.





Yeah, another one of Aarons things.  I was nervous about getting it filled in, so I only got the outline, but it turned out really well!  I also didn't hurt half as much as I thought it would.  I just had to sit and try to keep calm and deal with it really.  Joey was impressed I wasn't crying, thanks for the vote of confidence there, Jojo..

After it was all paid for it was time for us to split for a little bit before that night's gathering, (This being Halloween in case you've gotten lost).  While waiting for the bus I remembered how I'd asked her out, right at this very same spot in... God it must have been in January.  I was so into her back then, but still so afraid that she would get bored of me and just ditch me for someone new over in Germany.  I know, it wasn't the best way to think of someone, but it was really more to do with my total lack of confidence.  There was no way someone would want to stay with someone so goofy and stupid and yucky lookin as me.  But here I was, how many months later, with this amazing girl who I've been seeing for almost a year..  It just seemed like the right time to re-enact that moment...

I told her about the last time it had happened, about how scared I was and about how she took it back later and then I just did it, under her umbrella, in the pouring rain, I asked her to be my girlfriend.  And there it was, she said yes and we kissed as the rain got harder, and as lame as it might make me sound, it was a really awesome moment, in a relationship of awesome moments.  I don't want to seem retrospective, seeing as it's the start of something, but it's also the end of a few things, like 5 years of being single, or almost a year getting this point with two people who found it hard to trust someone again, but I'm really only bringing it up because it's been a journey, an experience, were both of us came to trust each other slowly and also to love each other because of moments like these, and the opposite of these..  I don't think anyone can say we're being hasty.

I had a big smile on my face while I rode the bus home. That night we went out once again to hang out with all the others in the Harbour, my local.  I love that silly little pub.  We got to show off our new tattoos and chill with people we hadn't seen for a bit and then watched a few movies in Rosses house.  We didn't get back until after 4 and then slept for a long time. I woke up many many times that night coughing, but I thought it was from all the smoke at the party the other night, I was wrong...

I left Joey to the bus and walked home, getting weaker and weaker, and warmer.  By the time I got in (It's a five minute walk, honest) I was burning up. and got into bed for another few hours.  The next day I was diagnosed with Swine flu and was kicked out of the Practice before I infected anyone else, of course there was one person I might have given it too, who was feeling ill as well!  It turned out she did, once she convinced her mom to bring her to a doctor, and we both spent the week in a feverish haze, texting each other and in my case falling asleep right afterwards.  In the end I managed to give it to about 3 people, I still have no idea where I got it from.

But that was it for my halloween story.  It was an odd weekend to be sure.. My parent's reacted pretty negatively to my tattoo, but they respected my choice.  Emma loved seeing the look on my dad's face when I told him so much she went out and got her navel peirced so she could see it again!


Anyway, Peter has to go to the pub now, so he shall leave you, but know this, I have more tales to tell!!!!




Woooooooooooosh

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs are so scattered and silly...what I imagine it's like to be inside your head, which I suppose is the point!

    ReplyDelete