Windows Live

Friday, August 7, 2009

Blood, Sweat and Tears

I have no drawings for you today, reader. I have been bold this week and have been ignoring my sketchbook. I think I have a pretty good reason though, seeing as one of my closest friends ever came home from being away for most of this year.

I arrived in town at about half 3, late.. as usual, and a bit flustered and nervous. I found her in Temple Bar, leaning against something while reading a copy of Dubliner, which I think might be her favorite magazine after Vogue, neither of which I read... :|
I spotted her standing there by her lovely, almost white, bleached hair. I hadn't seen it in a very long time.. The last time, in fact it was disappearing down an escalator in a German airport while I tried my best not to start crying again.

She managed not to look up from her magazine until I was right beside her, I was hoping to yell and scare the crap out of her, mainly because I can never help myself in that sort of situation, it's so funny..
Her face lit up when she saw me and we kissed and chatted for a bit while some buskers played away. It was a really nice meeting actually, compared to how meeting up with girls in town used to be. I gave her a present of the second volume of Scott Pilgrim and she gave me a really cool Joker toy who is laying on my desk right now, and who I've played with waaay too much already. They were pretty nerdy presents, now that I think about it but I really liked mine and I think she really liked hers too!

I kissed her, for the first time in two months... they were a long two months.

We strolled up Grafton Street so she could see the Green and then we headed for the bus. We tried to see where Noodles was by calling him and pretending that I was looking for wine. Well I say calling him, but what really happened was I texted him asking and he ended up calling back and initiating a very awkward conversation because I couldn't lie well enough to convince him I was on a bus to where he works and I didn't know where I was..

When we finally arrived at his house he had already left for work, ruining our surprise!

Back in mine we hung out for a bit and I cooked her spaghetti bolognese, which she loves to eat and I love to cook. I lit my kitchen with some candles I've kept for such an occasion (or to melt on top of my T.V, which I did untill I found out it was bad for it), and poured out a glass of wine each. The spaghetti bolognese was yummy, like it always is and we ate until we were full. I cooked way too much as usual. Afterwards we watched Chasing Amy, which I promised to show her, and had a smoke. A shared bath and Bed followed.

She stayed over the next night too, and I can't tell you how much I've missed sleeping with her in my arms.. She went home on the Sunday for her sunday dinner, and shit happened there and she headed back to mine to hide out. I have to say while I was happy to see her again, I was so worried that things at home were really bad for her now and worse for both of us now that she had left. But I couldn't turn her away..

She spent the rest of the week goign between my house and Noodles'. She was supposed to stay in mine on Wednesday night, but my Dad became pretty hostile towards the idea of a girl sleeping in my bed... Very hostile... Which is going to make things awkward later.

We spent most of the night over in Noodles' and I slept alone in my bed..

Next morning I got a call from my Mom who told me to sneak about, pretty much, which I think is all the support I'm going to get. Joey came back over and we played games and listened to music and had fun, and seeing as my Dad was out, followed my Mom's advice and got a good night's sleep together.

Today we watched An Evening with Kevin Smith, before she had to leave. I was worried abotu what would happen at home for her, but it seemed to go well for her... or at least not as bad as it was on Sunday so I'm really glad for her.

On Sunday my parents are back up, and so will she. There's a family Barbie that she's invited to and she;s pretty nervous about impressing (or I guess digusting) my family. They are a mad bunch though, so I'm sure they'll accept her. We still have no idea if my sister's boyfriend is coming. I have no idea how things will go after, because she needs to stay over... but I'm sure as sneaky fucker like me will come up with something.

Ok nearly done. Just a little bit more. I've 3 weeks to finish College work, but don't worry, dear Reader, I've had most of it done all Summer and the next few weeks shouldn't be as mad as this one. Thursday might be... but I'll talk about THAT when it happens.

Alright then we've caught up with present day me. You aren't lagging behind any more like a 3 legged cat...

aww that's made me kind of sad. I love cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment